Liberty Seguros has a Data Protection Officer appointed before the Data Protection Commission, who can be contacted at the following address email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer at the aforementioned address or through DataProtectionOfficer@libertyinsurance.ie.
- The purposes of the processing of your personal data, that is, the reason why Liberty Seguros processes your personal data.
- The legal bases that allow the processing of data by the Insurer for each of the purposes indicated.
- The possible communication of your data to third parties, as well as the reason for such communication. For these purposes, we do not transfer your personal data to third parties except when there is a legal obligation to do so (Public Authorities, Courts, Security Forces, ...), or when we expressly indicate it in the table that appears below. On the other hand, Liberty Seguros data processors may have access to your personal data, that is, service providers that have access to your personal data for the performance of their services. Service providers who access your personal data are generally providing services relating to information systems, technology, telecommunications, cloud computing and network security, profiling, anti-fraud, professional services where necessary, or customer services. The table below will indicate those other areas where Liberty Seguros service providers may have access to your data from time to time. You can request more detailed information about the recipients of your data by sending an e-mail to the contacts in section 1, indicating the specific processing activity about whose recipients you would like information.
- The existence of potential international data transfers. For these purposes, many of our processing activities require the transfer of data internationally to technological service providers or entities of the group to which Liberty Seguros belongs, located in the United States, United Kingdom and India, for which the relevant Standard Contractual Clauses apply. You can request more detailed information regarding the international transfers of your data or the guarantees applied by sending an e-mail to the contacts in section firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the specific processing activity about which you would like to receive information about the guarantees applying.
- The retention period of the data you provide us with. For this purpose, we keep your personal data for the period necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes indicated. Subsequently, your data will remain blocked to deal with judicial, administrative or tax claims, during the statute of limitations period determined by the applicable regulations.
By filling in or otherwise sending personal information to the Insurer, through the various means of contact available on the Website, including the digital portals of Liberty Seguros, e-mail, webchat, telephone or paper, you declare that the information and data you have provided is accurate and true. The omission of mandatory data may lead to the impossibility of sending the communication or managing your request.
So that the information provided is always up to date and contains no errors, you must inform Liberty Seguros, as soon as possible, about the changes to and rectifications of your personal data, using the form you will find at the following link.
You can exercise the following rights:
- Right of access to your personal data to find out if it is being processed, and if so, what exactly is being processed and the specific processing activity that is being carried out, including the purposes, categories of data processed and recipients, among other information;
- Right of rectification of any inaccurate personal data;
- Right of erasure of your personal data when, among other reasons, it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, and provided that the legitimate basis that enables us to process it, from among those indicated in the second column of the table included in section 5, is not a legal obligation;
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data, provided that the legitimate basis that enables us to process it, from among those indicated in the second column of the table included in section 5, is the legitimate interest of Liberty Seguros or a third party. Liberty Seguros will stop processing your data unless compelling legitimate grounds for the processing are proven, or in case the data is simply blocked for the exercise or defence of claims;
- Right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data where the accuracy, lawfulness or necessity of the data processing is in question, in which case we may retain the blocked data for the exercise or defence of claims;
- Right to portability of your data, i.e. to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in order to transmit it to you or to another data controller, provided that the legitimate basis that enables us to process it, from among those indicated in the second column of the table in section 5, is the existence of a contractual relationship or your consent;
- Right not to be subject to automated decisions that produces legal effects that affect you, or that significantly affect you in a similar manner, when such decisions are being made
- Right to revoke the consent given to Liberty Seguros for the processing of your data, provided that the legitimate basis that enables us to process your data, from among those indicated in the second column of the table included in in section 5, is your consent.
You can exercise your rights at any time and free of charge through the form you will find at the following link.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with Liberty Seguros or the Data Protection Commission if you believe that there has been a breach of data protection legislation in relation to the processing of your personal data.
|Purpose of the processing||Legitimate basis||Recipients||International transfers|
|To detect and resolve possible incidents and failures in the websites and digital channels that affect web users, as well as monitoring and hosting web traffic in order to limit the transmission of documents, links or malicious accesses.
||Legitimate interest of Liberty Seguros in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of its websites and in improving the user experience.||Your data may be communicated within the framework of this processing to the parent company of the group to which Liberty Seguros belongs. The categories of service providers that may have access to your information are those listed in section 2.||To the United States and India by means of the respective Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission.|
|Management of published content and interactions with customers and users through Liberty Seguros social networks.||Legitimate interest of Liberty Seguros in interacting with its customers and users through social networks.||Your personal data will not be transferred on the basis of this processing. The categories of service providers that may have access to your information are those listed in section 2.||To the US by means of the respective Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, as well as to the United Kingdom by virtue of the applicable Adequacy Decision.|
|To assist and reply to the requests received through the different contact channels.||Performance of a contract or pre-contract.|
If you are a Liberty Seguros Customer or Claimant, to find out more about how Liberty Seguros handles your personal data, including full and up-to-date information about purposes, contacts, international data transfers, data recipients, data subjects' rights, among others, please consult the Privacy Notice on the respective website identified in section 1. Contact information and channels for exercising rights are available on the websites.
The personal data that we may collect through our websites, portals, forms, contact mailboxes, as well as through the various electronic or telephone communications that we maintain with you or your representative, will be processed confidentially by Liberty Seguros, with Liberty Seguros undertaking to maintain the confidentiality of the same, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable law.
The access to some of the areas of Liberty Seguros websites is done in a secure environment (i.e. SSL – Secure Socket Layer, TLS – Transport Layer Security or similar), which implies that all operations and transactions are carried out on a secure server whose access is restricted to certain users, and that all information exchanged is encrypted, which ensures the authenticity of Liberty Seguros websites from where personal data is collected, as well as the integrity and confidentiality of personal data during its transmission.
Users can verify that they are in a secure environment when they see a symbol representing a closed padlock at the bottom of the browser and the internet protocol changes from http: // to https: //. Additionally, certain configurations of some browsers inform the user by means of a message on the screen when they are going to enter and leave a secure server.
The Website is designed to allow the users to obtain information about the Insurer, as well as our products and services. Liberty Seguros does not sell or provide third parties with any information for mailing lists or direct marketing, nor does it send communications that have not been previously requested or accepted by users.
It is understood that the user who submits a request by e-mail wants it to be addressed and answered by Liberty Seguros in the same way, including, where appropriate, the sending of promotional information requested by the user.
If you have been the victim of an attack, fraud or attempted fraud, and have provided information, should report the situation to the relevant services of the Security Forces.